


Last night Denise and I decided to reward all our hard studying with a dinner out on the town. Mind you, Lisi is eating like a Queen at her homestay with Chef Marina! Marina is the mom of the house, and she teaches the cooking classes we have at the school on Fridays. After our first cooking class with Marina I stopped worrying about how Lisi was doing at their house. At times I am even jealous!
Our normal schedule gets us out of school at 1pm, at which point we normally eat a large lunch out, shop around town, then home to study and eat a light dinner. Yesterday we came home after school, then went to a place called The Restaurant for dinner. It was expensive by San Miguel standards, but a fantastic meal. I am including pictures of the appetizer of crab cakes, served on beds of guacamole. For the main course Denise had snapper in a thai coconut broth, while I had the chipotle meatloaf, served with cheddar mashed potatoes and corn relish. Yum. For dessert we had an ice cream sample. Double yum.
It is so difficult to believe our month here is nearing an end. Today was a huge turn-around point for me in class. I felt as though I understood what we were doing...a BIG plus. We are conjugating irregular verbs and then using them in sentances. Along with that are 2 hours of conversation. For those who know me I hear you laughing!! 4 hours is a long time for me to focus, but currently one of my classmates, Anita, has returned to New York, so there are now only 2 of us in class. That means no slacking off!!
This experience continues to challenge me. It's a good thing.
4 comments:
i don't know about focusing, but i'm sure 2 hours of conversation is playing to your strengths.
do you have to take some sort of exam, before they let you leave the country and come home?
if so, i will pray for you and your irregular verbs.
I'm done, I'm done!!! No exam, gracias Dios. Home soon!
It seems like you just got there! Great food pictures. Was the chipotle meatloaf a standard kind of meatloaf with chipotles added? I'm not a big meatloaf fan, but that looks and sounds pretty good.
Glad to hear no exam. Life is too short for that kind of stress.
Post a Comment