I went out on my own this morning. This may not sound like a big deal, but I am usually with at least one Spanish speaker, and today, not so much so. I have had one week of class, and I feel no closer to understanding the language. I have been frustrated to the point of tears, and don't even START to talk to me about ser vs estar. So imagine my surprise when a car pulls over and asks me for directions in Spanish!!! And imagine my greater surprise when I answer IN SPANISH where they need to go! OMG. (or DM, if in Spanish). I bought a paper and when heading back home I walked behind a man with three burros that were carrying firewood. Then I turned the corner to home and right in front of me was an ancient old man herding an ewe and three baby lambs! So picturesque, but no camera.
Today's pictures are from yesterday's trip to Guanajuato. Such a beautiful town with so much history.
Oh, and the rooster lives in next door, although at 4am he sounds like he is sleeping (or not) in the bedroom.
And, yes, that last shot is my purse (bolsa). Handy, no?
No comments:
Post a Comment