Saturday, July 19, 2008


July 18

Last night we decide to walk into town for a drink and to check out the opening of the International Film Festival. There are free screenings going on all over town, but the one we are most interested in is in the Jardin, where they have set up the largest screen I’ve ever seen (sorry, Marty). As we walk down the narrow streets the big, fat drops of warning begin. Uh oh…but NO PROBLEMO, we have our umbrellas! What we forget is that in the deluges that happen here an umbrella is a laugh! The streets flood with up to 6 inches of water (goodbye shoes) and we end up soaked from our feet to our waists. We pop into a place that serves tasty Margaritas only to find it packed to the rafters. But surprise surprise, we are shoulder to shoulder with the stars and dignitaries that are part of the film festival. As we drip on their lovely clothes the paparazzi shot pictures of them. I am relatively certain my breasts are in many shots. Famous as I always knew they would be. We finally settle at Harry’s restaurant and tank down our margaritas with a couple of burgers, then set off to check out the Jardin. It is packed with people watching a documentary on Tongolele, a dancing diva from the past who is known for her seductive hips. I recognize the hips, as they had brushed past mine on the way out the door earlier. The festival is here all week, with films and workshops a plenty, so I am sure you will have many more updates.
The afore mentioned band on our Thursday adventure was awesome, and they willingly allowed me to tape them. Unfortunately the establishment dimmed the lights, and I am only using a digital camera, so even the sound quality turned out bad. We look forward to next Thursday’s performance. I am including a pic of Lisi and her new BFs.

Today we are off on another adventure to Queretaro. More to follow.

No comments: