We have fallen into the rhythm of Mexico. Up at about 7am, a light breakfast, then off to school, where we study until break. They put out teapots of hot water, as well as tea bags, (instant, blech) coffee and little biscuits. At 1pm we are "released" from school and we go for our big meal of the day. Usually Denise and I will stay in town and find a nice place to eat. There are many, many good restaurants in this town. Then we go home to study Spanish, then watch a movie or soccer, or we go back to town to attend some function. Last Tuesday we went to the Bibliotecca to attend a lecture on the ruins of Pozos, an old mining town near here. Then margaritas (2 for 1, now you're talking) and on to the Teatro to attend a concert. There is always something to do. Tonight we are going to see a band at the wine bar in the area we live in. We are meeting most of the students in our school there. I'll try to get a video clip of the band to download for tomorrow. Meanwhile you'll just have to amuse yourself with the food pictures I took recently. I have included one for all my friends who love hot sauce!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i had that same meal yesterday... of course i only had to ride my bike 3 blocks to Rosita's. not go all the way to mexico.
and i don't have to do homework.
you're killing me with "we went to the lecture on the ancient ruins". what, don't they have reality tv down there? "Sobreviviente" look it up.
by the by, Abby (not Amy) Wambach broke her leg... or shall i say it was broken for her in a game last nite.
Nice comments. Am I going to have to block you? Rositas schmetas. I never liked their frijoes anyway. Truth be told, the lecture was a snore. I had to fidget the whole time in order not to fall asleep. I felt smarter afterward, though. I felt A LOT smarter after the margaritas. And they replayed the Abby/Amy collision over and over again here. Yuck!!
por favor, no me cuadra
i was "brilliant" after G, Kathy and i enjoyed 2 botellos of vino at Mona's last night
Post a Comment