I love it. I love standing in line with my fellow citizens (even the enemy). I love the wobbly voting booth, the black pen, the large ballots. I love the old people who hand you the ballots, in their red, white and blue attire. I love the teeny little elementary cafeteria that hosts this great event. But mostly, I LOVE the sticker. You know the one..."I Voted" with the American flag on it. I keep it stuck to my finger until I can decide what article of clothing will carry this little gem around on it. Such a simple thing, but I wear it with both pride and humility. I was raised believing that voting is a duty and a privilege. Especially as a woman.
But I would probably do it just for the sticker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have been voting by absentee ballot and it is just not the same. I agree Traci. I miss the local church and volunteers who handed you the ballot. And most of all I miss the sticker. I sent my ballot several days ago and all I hope is that it made it where it is supposed to go.
I am so inspired by this election. Inspired to reach beyond the everyday challenges and disappointments and hope for a better tomorrow. Pledging to dig a little deeper into myself to find what I need to make a positive change, to make a difference. I believe I will start here, at home, with my own life.
Being with my friends tonight to share this moment in history was such a blessing. Hearing the union of voices proclaiming that "yes we can!" has helped me to see that with the help and support of others we can achieve our goals. This is true both individually and as a country. How fortunate I am to live in such a wonderful country and have such incredible friends! How can my future be anything but bright!
Denise V
Post a Comment