I am always gratified by moments of "substance". We have so many distractions in our day that separate us from those moments. We are misled into thinking that the distractions are important. Job deadlines and to-do lists feel necessary. Then something triggers us; a comment, a song, a moment of pure joy or sorrow, and we are reminded that the true substance of our lives can be found in the smallest moments of our day, but we have to be willing to see it, hear it and respond to it.
I remember a church song that says "take time to be holy". I feel that way today, even though my "holy" time was spent watching the link below. I am so grateful.
Stop, watch.....but mostly, listen.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/10242008/watch3.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Traci,
First, I was blown awat by the election (I fell asleep watching the returns at 10:00 and just HAPPENED to wakk up at 12:30 in time to hear most of Obama's spectacular speeech).
THEN I was blown away by your lastest blog- especially the Bill Moyers piece! I immediately forwarded it to our music instructor to shar it with him and to ask him what ideas he might have for using it in a class or assembly. What a great piece of film!
Post a Comment