Friday, January 30, 2009

New Family Additions!

There has been a lot of debate this week about people adding to their already large families. I have my own philosophies on that subject, and since this is MY blog I will say I think adding 8 kids to a family of 6 is just a little, hmmmm..... sick? Ya. That's the word. Not that I am opinionated.
Then I thought I would share my own dark, little secret...we have added two new members to OUR little family.
Time to share...

We got this little gizmo, thanks to the recommendations of our cool neighbors Tim and Suzanne. It is an aerator that actually decants wine by the glass. You hold it over your glass, pour the wine in it, and as the liquid goes down, air from 2 little holes on the side is drawn in and oxygenates the wine. It really works. We did a test....VERY scientific. It is available from BevMo for about $40 and I love it. There. I said it.


Our next little addition is a fitness "program" called the P90X. Perhaps you have seen the infomercial? It lures you in with REAL people telling REAL stories of REAL fitness. I mean really...look at those arms! (not mine, btw) In the package are 13 dvds of various exercises. One day is Arms and Back, where you do an impossible number of push ups (who knew there were so many ways to do a push up?) and pull ups (omg, I hurt). Each day is about one hour of torture. Yesterday I did Kenpo (look it up) and one day was Plyometrics (you'll get used to my new big, sporty language). And let's not forget the hour and a half of Yoga. I almost cried. But now look what I can do:
I go from a push up into this yoga pose, then back down for another push up. Wow.
Truthfully, I have to say I don't look that different yet (from my mouth to God's ear) but I feel soooooo much better. I can leap, jump, squat, throw, and balance better than I have in years!
So it is only a couple new additions...sometimes quality is better than quantity.

8 comments:

Ann said...

that's trick photography, you're really leaning against the wall, right?

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on overpopulation, the elephant in the room!
That woman is nuts and I do not see how the children will ever have a normal life, any of them. It is a tragic situation for all of the kids.

However, you are an awesome fitness fiend!

Anonymous said...

I am impressed. I've actually tried that yoga pose without the push ups and...well...lets just say my nose healed just fine!!

I agree about that lady having made a big mistake or at least a poor choice. It isn't right and I pray that the kids don't end up paying for it though I fear they will.

Denise V

Janet said...

I just did that particular fitness move with my personal trainer but I was leaning on my elbow--she was telling me to not put pressure on my shoulder, lift up my hips, squeeze my glute, tuck in my shoulders, tighten my lats....

Overpopulation is a huge problem. She may have to start her own school. Will she home school them?

Joan said...

Very impressive, Traci. All that stuff - leaping, squatting, etc. - are so undervalued when you're young and they're easy to do.
Am glad to hear you did a scientific test with the new wine thingy. I'd hate to think you just drank it and made a guess. I'm all for the scientific method.

Ann said...

Janet, if you follow all those directions WHILE Elbowing up to the bar, you'll be in fantastic shape ! (to not put pressure on my shoulder, lift up my hips, squeeze my glute, tuck in my shoulders, tighten my lats....)

but drinking and glute squeezing is an open chain kinetic exercise that is best perfected at home, alone. just ask your trainer. or traci.

Anonymous said...

Traci, I told Gerald about the wine airing gizmo (I think it sounds neat), and he gave a kind of euro-snob answer: why don't they just open the bottle earlier?
Mary

Anonymous said...

We are diggin' our new Vinturi, haha!