Sunday, September 7, 2008

Avoidance

I have been artfully avoiding my blog...checking daily for new comments, while feeling guilty over the lack of updates. I pin this problem directly on the political scene. I have a low grade feeling of malaise. This happens to me anytime I hear bitter banter. I refer, of course to the recent speech by Ms. Palin. I was hopeful that I would like her, because, as we all know, I like to like everybody. But I was chilled to the bone with her caustic, sarcastic speech. And doubly bothered to see the mob mentality response. Instead of hearing about how things were going to change, I heard mocking of the idea, as though belittling the opponent was going to help unify our country. In an age where we need more compassion we were dealt a severe dose of cynicism.

That said, I have hope that folks will look at the facts and use their better judgement. That happens sometimes, right?
I promise the next blog will have a few pretty pictures, and uplifting words, but for today I think this is the best I can do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There will be 4 Capons voting, and every vote counts. Glad Oprah refused to have her on her show, till after the elections. Don't give her any more airtime. Ca suffit!

Joan said...

4 Millers also voting and I think it's safe to say none will be voting for the Suzie Palin ticket.
Concidentally, I wrote a post referring to her today as well, but mostly about our family arguments-er, discussions about her.

Anonymous said...

O.k. late blog reaction. But I hate her (is that a bit harsh?). This article in the NY Times was amusing. After watching some of the Republican convention I had to watch the Daily Show on Internet for relief.

Watching some of the Republican convention makes me sick. This is amusing article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/opinion/31dowd.html?ex=1236052800&en=d5f6a235dc4ab026&ei=5087&excamp=NYT-E-I-NYT-E-AT-0903-L3&WT.mc_ev=click&WT.mc_id=NYT-E-I-NYT-E-AT-0903-L3

Traci said...

I LOVE Maureen Dowd! Great article from an intelligent woman.