Having been born and raised in Seattle it's kind of surprising that nothing remotely related to fish touched my lips until I hit college. My mother hated the smell, look and thought of anything seafood related. I vaguely remember eating fish sticks on Friday at my friend Julie Brown's house, but I really don't think that counts, do you? I was reeled in, hook, line and sinker by Tom Douglas and his salmon. Mr. Douglas owns a number of prominent restaurants in Seattle, and he has a line of rubs for chicken, seafood and (oh sweet angels singing) salmon.
Rub With Love Salmon
Start with a foil boat big enough to hold your salmon, edges turned up. Slice an onion into rings and place them on the foil so your salmon is not sitting directly on the foil. Place salmon on the onion rings and coat with olive oil. Crack the precious jar of Rub With Love and coat the salmon with the rub. Place the foil boat on the grill (or in the oven) and add some wine to the boat. Grill until done. Don't overcook...if you stick a butter knife in the salmon for 10 seconds and pull it out, it should be warm. About 20 minutes per inch of thickness.
I love to serve this with Couscous with curry powder, raisins, pine nuts and green onions.
Enjoy!
Oh, and please excuse my lame pictures. Got a little work to do there!
No comments:
Post a Comment