Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lisi in London

ok, so she's not really in London, but it sounded so phonetically phun!
Our celebrity blogger of the day is Lisi:

Mommy! Hi! Everything is going amazing – the flight was great and smooth, but a little bumpy on landing. We got driven from the airport in a wonderful and spacious mini-limo-like-car and got to see the wonderful English countryside! It’s SO beautiful, and Denise and I were trying to decide what it looks like most – it’s a combination of Vancouver, Olympia, and the drive between Portland and Eugene. Except there are much cooler road signs! And the roundabouts are really fun – we need some of those in the US. We got to the hotel, and Cambridge is WAY cooler than I could have imagined! It’s such a big city – it’s way bigger than I thought, there are tons, TONS, of shops, bars, coffee places, restaurants, and stores. We walked around the corner and down the block from the hotel in the freezing (and I mean, literally near freezing, around 40 degrees) cold and had a very early but 2-hour dinner at Zizzi’s. We had DELICIOUS food – this garlic bread with cheese and balsamic caramelized onions, and then D had a seafood risotto and I had a delicious olive-oil soaked pizza margherita. Then we finished it off with a chocolate mousse cake… perfect! We’re in the hotel now and are going to hopefully watch a movie. Tomorrow, we head out to explore the city and check out the museums, then try and find the infamous River Cam! You would love it so much – at dinner we were lamenting the fact that you aren’t here. We miss you already and we’ll keep you updated. Check your Facebook just in case. I love you so, so much and I’ll take loads of pictures. <3 Love, ABB!

No comments: